Well, we’ve just spent the past seven days in Scotland. The first half was a bit ‘off the beaten track’ with friends in Gartly, Aberdeenshire and then we drove to Inverness’s largest hotel – The Kingsmills – for the remainder. Not sure if that makes me a (temporary) ‘Highlander’ or not!? 🤔
Although we’ve been to Bonnie Scotland before, this time, we felt we got to know the people and the places more thoroughly.
So, what did we learn?
- As a country, the people and places are very COVID19-Aware
- The scenery is spectacular
- The locals are very friendly
- If you’re coming to Inverness at this time of year, bring a vest (or preferably 3!)
- If you want to use your mobile phone, bring a mast (preferably 20!)
- We solved the mystery of where all UK’s public toilets have gone – they’re in Scotland! (much to Ann’s delight!)
- No one makes chips like they do up here
- Someone stole all the dolphins!
- Parking in many towns and villages was completely free
Would we come back? Of course! 👍
WORDS TO THE WISE: Don’t expect Inverness Airport to have a petrol station so that you can top up your hire-car’s tank before handing it back! The nearest seems to be Tesco, some six miles away! 🤔
9.05am: With the hire-car parked and the keys deposited in AVIS’s ‘dropbox’ we whizzed through Security into one of the UK’s smaller airports.
Our plane is on-time and we’ll be home mid-afternoon. Farewell Scotland, see you next time! 👍😁
Click on the button below to see all our photos from this trip…
P.S. Very nice to come home to a mat piled high with cards… and then there was all my birthday gifts to open! Oh, the pressure! 😁