Here we are at 52 years young. Just like last year, I’m celebrating my Birthday at home, as I’ve scheduled not to work today.
We’re out this evening to Han, our favourite Chinese restaurant in Market Harborough. An excellent meal and superb service – and they were very busy too!
I received a GREAT range of cards – mostly the humorous type from:
- Neil, Debbie, Alfie and Frankie
- Denis and Mae
- Bertie and Lee
- Alan and Mags
- David, Amanda and Ellie
- David, Rosi and Rhiannon
- David and Val
- Ian and Ann
- Ian and Sharon
- Jo and Janet
- Nick and Celina
- Paul, Karen, Mark and Chris
- Ralph and Karen
- Rick, Sam, Rebecca and Hannah
- Roger Jane and Oliver
- Stefan and Debbie
- Tom, Julie and the family
|Roger, Jane, Oliver and Bev actually got me my pressy before the idea of a joint-one was suggested – a rather excellent Black and Decker vacuum cleaner for the car!|
- Karen and Paul bought me a bottle of port – a large one!
- David and Val bought me the ‘Book of General Ignorance’
- Carol, Jo and Janet bought me 25 quid’s worth of iTunes vouchers
- Lee and Bertie bought me some nice cuff-links
- Mum bought me 25 quid’s worth of John Lewis vouchers
- Ann got me ‘The Encyclopedia of Symbols’; William Shatner’s Autobiography, ‘Up Till Now’; a boomerang and a ‘gorillapod’
- Mae and Denis got me 35 pound’s worth of HMV vouchers
- Tom and Julie and kids bought me a tie and a nice bottle of Rioja
I got into blogging quite late in life, not publishing my first post until 2004 – well into my 40s!
My lifelong love of technology and communication (in all its forms), together with a fondness for the art of writing seemed to be the perfect combination to contribute a few words to the online community.
But I’m no Samuel Pepys! If you’re looking for deep and meaningful comments on a variety of subjects, then you’ve arrived at the wrong site! I only pen for pleasure!
On average, my posts appear about twice per month, covering family & friends, cinema visits, eating out, holiday experiences and techy stuff. Oh, and as this is my hobby, there’s no sponsored links nor adverts here – it’s all done with love!
I hope you find it enjoyable, interesting and occasionally, even helpful!