A formal night tonight – “Black and White Ball”.
The clocks went back an hour last night.
As we’re at sea for the next couple of days, it’s time to wake up our brains and take advantage of some of the on-board activities!
- “Reporting Terrorism, Writing History” – First of three live presentations by ex-BBC Correspondent, Margaret Gilmore
- “Infinity Express” at Illuminations (the Ship’s own Planetarium) – The History of the Universe
- “Political Parties and their Social Media Strategies” – Radio 4 series of ‘Media Show’ Podcasts
- “Godiva Chocolate Afternoon Tea”*
Well, three out of four isn’t bad, I suppose!
*Under International Maritime Law, “Chocolate consumed at sea for the purposes of enjoyment and critical review does not contain any calories”. I know it’s true, because I just read it on Facebook! #flakenews
We ate in the Britannia Restaurant again tonight – and it was superb! The it was off to the Ship’s Cinema to see the film: Swallows and Amazons before finishing-up in the Golden Lion Pub.
The clocks went back 30 minutes last night (weird amount!)
As we’re at sea, it’s another formal night tonight, and we’re going super-posh and eating in the Verandah Restaurant.
Before that though, another lazy day, feeding the brain! (in my case, that shouldn’t take long!)
- “Identifying the Terrorists” – The second of Margaret Gilmore’s presentations about terrorism
- “Fleet Street vs Online News Reporting” – Radio 4 series of ‘Media Show’ Podcasts
- “Sea Turtles – Ancient Ocean Dwellers” – A 50-minute presentation (that felt more like 5000!) in the Ship’s Theatre. Great subject, knowledgeable Speaker, Death by PowerPoint
It’s Colombo in Sri Lanka tomorrow where we’re on a half-day walking tour of old Colombo – visiting the Pettah District, Khan Clock Tower, Jami-Ul-Alfar Mosque and the Old Dutch Hospital complex.
Blogging since 2004, about the significant people, places, sights and sounds of my world. Now dabbling with retirement! 👍😁