What is this new phone that the ‘net is talking about? – it’s supposedly the ‘iPhone killer’ – the ultimate in mobile phones/PDAs. Dubbed the ‘Firestone’ by its makers HTC, there seems to be two images ‘doing the rounds’ but they may of course both be fake!
Allegedly, the specs are:
- Quad-band GSM/EDGE connectivity
- Dual-band HSDPA connectivity (900/2100 MHz)
- 4.3 inch WVGA (480 x 800) [iPhone: 3.5 inch, 320 x 480]
- capacitive touchscreen display
- GPS, A-GPS
- Light & proximity sensors
- 3.5mm headset jack
- 5MP autofocus camera with dual LED flash [iPhone: 3MP]
- 512MB flash memory
- 320MB RAM
- MicroSD card support
- 1230 mAh battery
- 121 x 67 x 11 millimetres [iPhone: 115.5 x 62.1 x 12.3mm]
That would make it a pretty powerful beastie
I got into blogging quite late in life, not publishing my first post until 2004 – well into my 40s! My lifelong love of technology and communication (in all its forms), together with a fondness for the art of writing seemed to be the perfect combination to contribute a few words to the online community. But I’m no Samuel Pepys! If you’re looking for deep and meaningful comments on a variety of subjects, then you’ve arrived at the wrong site! I only pen for pleasure! On average, my posts appear about twice per month, covering family & friends, cinema visits, eating out, holiday experiences and techy stuff. Oh, and as this is my hobby, there are no sponsored links nor adverts here – it’s all done with love!
I hope you find it enjoyable, interesting and occasionally, even helpful!